Friday, August 21, 2009

Smoked Cheeses


So this guy emails me about my smoker and wants to know if I can smoke cheese in it. Of course I say yes and that gets me thinking. Wow, I've smoked mozzarella in it before but what about other cheeses. So I decided to do a tasting. We bought some mild cheddar, gouda, mozzarella and brie. Then I cold smoked them with apple wood chips for an hour and a half and let them rest in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.
I sliced up some peaches and added some grapes and an assortment of crackers to the plate with the cheese.
The four of us sat around drinking chardonnay, tasting and judging which was the best.
Well they all were great but decided that a Sauvignon blanc would have been a better wine choice and that the brie was incredible.
The brie would be great stuffed into chicken breast or in ravioli.

No comments:

Post a Comment